Sunday, June 20, 2010

What should I bring to the hospital?

This is my first baby so I don't know what to expect but I heard you can be there 4 days. It's a boy and I'm breastfeeding. I don't have a breast pump yet and not sure if the hospital is going to give me one. I'm making my hospital bag today and this is what I have so far. Did I forget an item or should I leave out anything?



3 changes of clothes



robe



slippers



my comfy sandals



fleece socks



undies/bras



fleece blanket



pillow



shampoo/conditioner



body wash



razor



washcloths/towel



toothbrush/toothpaste



deoderant



face wash



cocoa butter lotion and ponds face lotion



compact creme foundation



lip gloss



bedhead hair product



pick/brush



hair tyes/bobby pins



hot/cold gel pack



scented candle



tylenol



vicks inhaler



books/magazines



DVDs



cash



wallet with IDs



keys



cell phone



camera



carseat



tropical trail mix



2 dr. brown baby bottles



5 huggies diapers i got as samples



2 or 3 changes of clothes for baby



mittens/booties/cap



baby blanket



baby toy %26amp; stuffed animal



What should I bring to the hospital?

Buy Tucks Medicated Pads. It will help with the pain down there. And they are flushable so it makes it easy. Good luck.



What should I bring to the hospital?

I'd say you pretty much have everything



What should I bring to the hospital?

sounds like you have everything!



What should I bring to the hospital?

You do not need all that. Carry two change of clothing because your body will be so tired and achy, you probably won't be able to change clothes. They will give you diapers and wipes for the baby. Most hospitals give or tell you were to get a breast pump. Call the hospital ahead of time and ask. Take a robe and some slippers and some snacks because you will be dog hungry afterwards. You will also want to take the largest sanitary napkins you can find. They give you sanitary napkins, but I like to have my own. Take the camera, carseat, a change of clothing for baby, and a blanket. Lots of underwear because you will bleed and bleed and bleed and bleed and bleed and bleed. You also want to carry hygiene products (toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shampoo, lotion, lip gloss).



What should I bring to the hospital?

Don't forget to bring a nursing bra, not a regular bra. And nursing pads in case you're leaking colostrum.



Wow, you're very prepared.



What should I bring to the hospital?

How long are you going to be in the hospital for? That's a lot of stuff!! I recommend packing light. Baby toy and stuffed animal? I don't think baby will be up to playing quite yet. Breast pump? Baby bottles? I thought you were breast feeding. Don't bring much cash, if any. Leave your rings and jewelry at home. The scented candle could make you pretty queasy in labour. But who knows? You may like it, I suppose. I think the hospital would provide blankets/washcloths/towels.



Camera, carseat, i.d., clothes to go home in, 2 diapers, and toothbrush are definitely important. And I hope you have more diapers at home, so you don't have to make a run to the store at an inconvenient time.



Good luck!



What should I bring to the hospital?

OMG!! I've had two kids and stayed 1 nite for both of them, take overnight items,and if you need anything else get your partner or parents to bring it in. For my 1st child i was supposed to stay in 3 nights but its upto you when you feel ready to go home. Defo take vasaline for lips, for the gas and air, 2nighties, slippers, undies, bra, face cream and shower items. Nappies for baby and a cpl of baby grows, cotton wool, and maybe a cd. Everything else isn't a necessity. If your breastfeeding why do you need a pump?



What should I bring to the hospital?

bibs!



What should I bring to the hospital?

If you are breastfeeding (that's AWESOME!) then don't bring the bottles. You won't need them, for any reason. Also, baby toy %26amp; stuffed animal are not neccesary. It will be literally months before your baby even needs those, much less not at the hospital. The diapers will be provided by the hospital, leave your samples to use at home. Tylenol and Vicks Inhaler? Not sure why you want those, but the Tylenol at least can be given to you by the hospital if you need it. Do you have a lighter or matches for the candle? As for a breast pump, it's not recommended that you pump for the first several weeks, until your milk supply is well established, (see kellymom below about that) so you don't need to worry about a pump.



Hope this helps- congrats on the baby to be~



Have you checked out http://www.kellymom.com and http://www.lalecheleague.org ? They are both great breastfeeding websites. I especially recommend checking out kellymom's page on latching on, it's full of information to ensure that you get a great start to breastfeeding. :o)



That's a great tip from Kristin down below about the Tucks pads. They are usually for hemmeroids, but if you put them on your pad near where your stitches (if any) would be, they will help with vaginal pain, especially if you have stitches, they help to keep the stitches soft and wet.



What should I bring to the hospital?

DVDs can be brought to you from a family member if you're there that long. Food is a bad idea. The hospital will feed you. Do not bring Tylenol or hot/cold packs. The hospital will have these. Do not bother with cute underwear.Buy granny panties that are bigger than you usually wear. If you have a vaginal childbirth, you will have to wear these special pads for a few days that WILL not fit in cute undies. Bring a bra, but a BIG one. After you give birth, it could be minutes (like me) before you start making milk. I was given a pump at the hospital, but you may want to check on it. You may want to consider getting some Lanisoh (sp?) nipple ointment. If you're going to breastfeed, the first week will be miserable on your nipples. (Sore) Just giving you info I learned with my son.....Good Luck!!!!!!!!!



What should I bring to the hospital?

I looked through your list and think you have excessive amounts of stuff. Let me save you some space!! One item not on the list is extra batteries for your camera.



Skip the body wash. Hospital provides soap, often a liquid. They also provide washcloths and towels. The hospital will not allow you to light a candle, so skip that. They will also not allow you to take your own medications, so leave the Tylenol at home. Limit your books/mags to just 1 book and maybe 2 mags. You likely won't even look at them. Leave the bottles at home. If you are breastfeeding, you don't need them and if you are supplementing, the hospital will provide them. Baby only needs an outfit for photos (if desired) and a going home outfit. Save space, just pick one! Don't need a baby toy or stuffed animal. He's a newborn, he'll be entertained just watching you. You also don't need the diapers at most hospitals (although some community hospitals do have you bring your own). You also don't need 2-3 changes of clothing. You will likely wear what you came in with since the swelling in your belly doesn't go down for a few days. Much easier to use the hospital provided stuff.



What should I bring to the hospital?

Thanks for posting...I'm in the same boat as you and haven't come up with that list yet! (I'm only 17 weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash advance